Outdoor Banners & Signs
One Week Only! Use Promo Code FLSH923
Offer expires 9/24/23
*Offer valid on full price outdoor banners, select indoor banner sizes, street signs, yards signs and canvas prints, while supplies last. Hardware and display stands not included. Not valid on 50% off or clearance designs. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Outdoor Vinyl Church Banners
Promote your events and draw attention to your church with eye-catching outdoor banners. Printed on sturdy outdoor vinyl with fade resistant inks, these horizontal banners are custom printed with your information and are available in several sizes.
Make your church instantly more friendly with an outdoor church banner featuring your church information, theme, church logo and service times. Printed on sturdy outdoor vinyl with fade resistant inks, these custom banners are printed with your church information and are available in several sizes.
Custom Church Banners are a great way to promote your church events and attract more visitors from passing traffic. Visitors to your church building will get a sense of what your church is all about and know they are in the right location when you post a banner outside your building.
We don't charge extra for finishing or grommets, those are included at no charge!
- Outdoor Church Banners are available on two rip and wind resistant materials:
- Heavy Duty 13oz. Reinforced 1000x1000 Denier outdoor Vinyl
- High quality banner material for outside durability and graphic clarity
- Printed with high quality vivid, UV Cured, fade resistant inks
- Smooth printing surface with best color and visibility of designs and letters
- These quality Inks are waterproof
- Heat-welded hem seams are reinforced on all edges INCLUDED at No Charge!
- Available finished with Grommets every 24” or pole pockets on top and bottom for easy display INCLUDED at No Charge!
- Flexible use, well built and durable for outdoor environments, quality printing surface for indoor viewing and use
- Strong outdoor 13 oz. durable vinyl with nylon cord embedded every eighth of an inch preventing tears and rips.
(Even if the banner is ripped or sliced, the cord will prevent the banner from continuing to rip or tear)
- PVC polyester Heavy Duty Mesh Vinyl that allows air to pass through, perfect for higher wind areas.
- 8MSH designed with special knitting and balanced construction.
- High tenacity yarn is woven to 9 x 13 thread count, then coated with liquid PVC under special conditions to allow about 40% open space, with high air flow.
- The web is specially calendared to improve print performance for best viewing in reflected light, without excessive restriction to view through from the back side.
- Ideal for fence mesh and banner applications that require air flow, or for the look of a lighter-weight banner product.
- This product offers about 12 months outdoor durability depending on display and environmental conditions, methods of installation, and post-print finishing.
- Custom outdoor banners come in 5 standard sizes
- 3' x 8' Outdoor Church Banners
- 4' x 8' Outdoor Church Banners
- 4' x 10' Outdoor Church Banners
- 4' x 12' Outdoor Church Banners
- 5' x 15' Outdoor Church Banners
- Or can be Custom Sized Banner for your church up to 8’ x 150’!
Must be at least 9 sq ft
The location of the church banner is a big determining factor when choosing the custom banner size. The next consideration is the type of traffic that is being targeted:
- For busy streets with fast moving cars, choose a larger outdoor banner and plan for less text - making it easier for drivers to read.
- If your church banner will be displayed where there is more foot traffic, choose a smaller size custom banner because people will be closer and moving slower when reading the banner.
- If you are not sure, call one of our Church Banner Specialists who can help you determine the best size for your budget.
There are numerous ways to hang and display an outdoor church banner, but to avoid sagging, poor readability and extra stress on the vinyl, choose a professional church banner display option:
- A-Frame Banner Stand - light-weight aluminum stand can hold two outdoor banners. This is a great option for churches that need temporary banner placement or want a banner placed on hard surfaces like concrete. Note - not recommended for areas with strong winds. (portable/temporary)
- Outdoor Banner Post Set - This semi-permanent outdoor banner display is the perfect option for church banners promoting a special event like an Easter Banner or Christmas Banner. It is designed for dirt and grass use. (1-2 weeks)
- Outdoor Banner Display System - For a long-term church banner display this in-ground display system is the perfect solution - the pole sleeves stay in the ground at the surface and the poles and outdoor church banners can be removed and changed easily.
- Solar Outdoor LED Light - For areas with low-light at night, the solar LED light is the perfect way to illuminate your outdoor church banner.
With a little care, your church banner can last for years. Just gently clean the outdoor vinyl regularly with warm water and allow it to dry flat before storing. Once your custom banner is dry, roll it up with the image on the inside and store flat in a dry area at a comfortable room temperature.
When you’re ready to use your custom banner again, unroll and lay flat or hang up, any wrinkles in your banners should come out within a couple of hours in the sun or heat.
Ordering a custom church banner from Outreach is easy. We offer several ordering/design options on the website including:
- Stock/As Seen Banners
Outdoor Banners ready to ship quickly to your church without any customization!
- Customize Online
Use our FREE Online Editor to change the text and add your brand or a logo to one of our thousands of church banner designs - it’s fast, easy, no designer is required, and you'll get an instant proof!
- We Customize
Let an Outreach designer help you customize a banner to fit your church - a small design fee will apply. Just pick one of the thousands of custom banner designs.
- Full Custom Banners
Get the exact church banner you want working with one of our professional graphic designers.
- Upload Your Design!
Let us print your design on our high-quality banner printers. We provide custom banner art specification templates that you can download and use to create your custom banner.
Then just place your custom banner order, upload your artwork and we will do the rest. Visit Outreach.com/UploadYourArt to learn more.
Custom Church Banners can be customized online in less than 15 minutes using our easy online editor. Once you have a completed, approved custom banner design, our team can print and finish your banner in 3-5 business days plus shipping time!
Great communication is one of our strongest assets inside the worship hall, but it’s often largely neglected where we need it most, at the street view. Proper, effective signage is essential for every church; to help create a cohesive identity, to inform the community of upcoming events, service times and campaigns, and to broadcast your message to your neighbors.
Here are 10 tips that will help make sure your street banner advertising & outdoor signs are successful.
Determine the purpose for your outdoor banner.
Are you promoting an upcoming event or sermon series, or maybe posting special service times? Considering the purpose of your outdoor banner is the first step to making sure your community gets the right message.
TIP 1 Branding; If your outdoor banner is intended to extend your brand by sharing your mission or values, you may want to design it with you logo and website clearly visible, effectively tying your mission to your church name and website.
TIP 2 Informing: If you’ve changed your service times, have a new pastor or have other information that may be helpful to your community eg. “flood relief here!”, you’ll want to be as clear and simple as possible without cluttering your design with too much imagery.
TIP 3 Advertising and Promotion: When you promote a program like VBS, or a new sermon series, integrate the overall look and feel of the program into your outdoor banner design, but always keep the design simple, without trying to communicate too many topics on a single outdoor banner. Try to keep the outdoor banner focused on a single event or promotion.
Follow these vital design basics to make sure your outdoor banner is clear, engaging and beautiful.
TIP 4 Color: Inside the church we have complete control over what people see, and what we want to direct their attention to, but it’s much more difficult outside. Billboards, road signs, traffic and buildings all cause distraction and make it difficult for your banner to get noticed. To help viewers focus on your banner, choose a bold, attention-grabbing color. If your banner is a branding banner, consider one of your church’s branding colors as a field behind your messaging. If you are promoting an event or program choose a color from that specific palette. Keep color fairly simple in your design, the goal is to attract the viewers eye, not to add to the confusion of a busy street.
TIP 5 Message: Keep your message simple. Driving by your church at 35 MPH, there’s not much time to read, so try to pair down your message to its most vital components. One strong line is all that is generally needed to get your point across. Keep your primary message focal in the design, and make details, like dates and your website, smaller so they won’t compete for the driver’s attention. If the main text line interests them, they will come back for the details.
TIP 6 Imagery: As with all the other design conceits, keep it simple. If you feel you need images on your outdoor banner, let it set a mood, but not be focal to your design. If you recently sent a direct mailer piece to your community, use that imagery as a background (in its simplest form) to help make a visual connection from the mailer to the church who sent it. If you are promoting a movie night, personal finance series, children’s program or other specific event, use imagery that makes it clear at a glance what the topic is in an iconic way. Always use art and imagery to support, not to drive the message on outdoor banners.
TIP 7 Typography: You may be tempted to design with trendy light or delicate fonts that match your logotype or the lockup of your sermon series, but remember, you don’t have a captive audience when they are speeding to soccer practice, or listening to an audiobook on their way to work. Be bold and generally stick with sans serif fonts for outdoor typography. Choose one or two fonts that complement the campaigns you want to promote, but make sure they contrast clearly from your background and are not competing with the art of the banner.
Make sure your messaging reaches your audience.
TIP 8 Timing: As people move around their neighborhood they notice change, they also notice when things don’t change. Put up time sensitive banners well in advance and make sure you take them down soon after the date of an event. If your banner contains a message that you plan to keep up long-term, keep it relevant by redesigning it periodically with a color that keys on the seasons. An outdoor vinyl banner is the single least expensive and most effective way to reach masses of people in your community, and a fresh look with a new message periodically will show your neighbors that your church is thriving, growing and changing.
TIP 9 Cohesive Clarity: Perhaps the most important tip is to remain focused on the reason you need the outdoor banner. It should have a single visual focus, a single message and it should read quickly and clearly from a distance. All the elements of color, imagery, messaging, typography and purpose should complement one another to create a clear presentation that is easy to understand at a glance.
Your outdoor banner will only be effective if people see it.
TIP 10 Location: One of the best advantages of using an outdoor vinyl banner to share your message with the world is having the flexibility to put it where you need it most, without the cost of constructing a permanent sign. Many churches attach outdoor banners to their main street marquee but there are many other ways to install an outdoor vinyl banner in both temporary and permanent applications. Outreach offers several options for mounting outdoor banners around your church exterior. A-Frame banner stands are a great resource when you want to move your outdoor banner around and they are terrific for mobile churches that meet in schools, theaters or for offsite events. The outdoor banner display system is a semi-permanent solution you can mount in grass – the poles can be removed when you’re not using it and you can mow over the inserts.
At Outreach, we can help you design and/or print your church’s outdoor banners or you can choose from over 600 of pre-designed editable outdoor banners for any church need. And as your outdoor display needs grow, you may also find the large range of flag, and light pole banners helpful to create an invitational feeling of excitement around your services and programs.
Other sizes available – call for details
Accepted formats include:
We have various standard banner sizes. Banners are designed at 25% of actual size. See Banner Size Chart below
Bleeds: Bleeds are intended to allow space for cutting and finishing. Refer to Banner Size Chart for specific banner sizes and bleed requirements.
Safety Zone: All critical elements (text, logos, etc.) must remain at least 0.75" from trim edge. Shifting can occur during trimming and items within this 0.75" area may be trimmed or covered.
Logo & Image Quality
Images taken directly from the web are NOT acceptable.
Logos are accepted in the following formats:
Note: Increasing the dpi of a small file will not increase the image quality (Example: 72 dpi increased to 300 dpi will still make the image appear pixilated).
All artwork must be provided in CMYK (Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Black) color mode.
For large areas of black coverage use "Rich Black." The accepted rich black break down is: C=70, M=70, Y=70, B=100
Outreach does NOT guarantee exact color matches.
All fonts must be converted to Outlines, Shapes or Rasterized before artwork is submitted
Vinyl Banners include grommets approximately every 2' all the way around. Stickup Banners are trimmed to size.
Uploading to the Outreach FTP Server:
Note: Fetch is recommended for Mac users. There are a variety of Windows FTP clients, one of the top rated is SmartFTP.
Be sure that "Passive Mode" is disabled (unchecked) in your FTP client, then enter...
Host: outreachftp.com User ID: outreachftp Password: Romans837 (case sensitive)
Place artwork into the "Custom Artwork" folder.
Banner Size Chart
Create banners to the standard template sizes below. Note: Template dimensions are calculated at 1/4 of the finished banner size - determined in inches.
All banners are: CMYK color and the resolution is 300 dpi. When created in Photoshop, rasterize fonts, save as a .tif. When created in Illustrator, convert fonts to outlines, save as an Illustrator .ai file.
Click here to see art specs for outdoor banners